Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This is Me

Yeah I have my addictions
and keep my share of secrets
and things you'll never see
I get selfish and defensive
And pay too much attention
to my insecurities
Oh I'm just like everybody else
I try to love Jesus and myself

I don't know what you believe
or what you think of what you see
but this is a part of me
what I do and who I am
All my impurities
Are right here on my sleeve
This is me
This is me

My heart breaks for the homeless
I worry about my parents
and all my bills are late
I'm dealing with the changes
This complicated Strangeness
Of seeing life this way
I'm just like everybody else
I try to love Jesus and myself


I laugh at silly movies
Tear up when I see babies
And I'm stubborn as a stone
I criticize my body
I wonder if I'm ready
To ever be alone
Oh I'm just like everybody else
I cry like everybody else


I firmly believe Faith Hill wrote this song for me. EVERY line fits. Every single one, minus the parents one because I don't have any. But regardless....I have never come across a song that more accurately describes me. I keep a wall up most of the time, acting silly, loud and carefree. I do have feelings however, lots of them and I guess I am going to use this blog to express them.  You don't have to read if you don't want to. I am sure those who care enough about me will. Even if it isn't read by a single person, I think I will feel better. Which is the goal in the first place. :)

Ciao.

1 comment: