Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Go Gators

I was invited by my friend Tracey to attend the UF/SC football game on Saturday. I had never been to a college football game and was so excited to get the opportunity to go. Football is one if my favorite things in the world so getting to see it "live and in living color" was almost too exciting for me.

I met Tracey in Ocala and she drove the rest of the way to Gainesville. She had pre-arranged some tailgating for us. I met some really nice people, got to see my other friend Amber from high school, and ate some really great food.

When we got into the stadium I was pretty pumped. When I saw the football field I truly believe my heart skipped a beat. The inside of the stadium was much larger than I thought it would be. The seats were in an AMAZING location. Endzone - 8th row. Pretty amazing, huh? I could literally see facial hair on the players on the field we were so close. I was amazed. It felt like we were part of the team sitting that close, and I was completely caught up in the moment.

The Gators ran the kickoff back for a touchdown, something that hardly ever happens. I knew that it was a good sign and we were going to kick ass. I was DEAD WRONG. We got our butts handed to us and Tracey, her mom and I ended up leaving at the end of the third quarter. It was disappointing to see them play so badly, but what a GREAT experience and what a GREAT time!!! I had so much fun I forgot about all of my worries for a few hours. It was fantastic!

Thank you Tracey for being such a great friend for so many years! Your friendship means more to me than you will ever know!

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! Glad you could join us and sorry the Gators didn't give you a win for your first time. We'll just have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete