Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

My Dilemma

Taylor asked me several months ago if I would watch Kade the weekend of December 11th and 12th because she and Ethan were going out of town for some "redneck function". Of course I jumped at the chance. Well, because of all the drama that trip has been cancelled. I asked Taylor if I could still get Kade on the 11th because it is the Citrus Christmas Parade and I thought it would be awesome and fun to have Kade there for Aaron's first parade. Do you know what Taylor's response was? "Well Ethan and I would want to be there too because it's Kades first parade!".

First of all, Kade doesn't know its his first parade and he isn't going to remember it as such. Second, is she telling me that I can watch Kade but only if I don't do anything with him that she hasn't approved of? It's like I can only watch him if I sit at home and don't do anything fun. That just isn't going to work for me. I plan on having fun with my grandson - taking him to the zoo, Disney, Orlando, etc. I know I will be able to offer him things she isn't going to be able to and I would hope she appreciates that. Instead I get the feeling she is going to resent it. Because of her immaturity she is going to get jealous instead of looking at it as opportunities for her son to experience new things. I would be more than willing for her to go as well but there is no way in hell Ethan will be joining us. I don't do the roller coaster with him like she does. He is a piece of shit and he isn't going to be in my good graces EVER!!!

So - this is the issue I am now facing. How do I talk to Taylor about this without pissing her off and making her feel like she is being selfish?

The drama continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment